Amélie's Paris Tour
In 2001, "Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amélie Poulain" became a hit in cinemas around the world, as Amélie charmed us through her colorful view of Paris. This experience takes you to many of the key sites in the film. We'll explore the locations through stills from the movie, and I'll even bring my gnome! Along the way we'll discuss the film from use of color, inspiration, digitization and the challenges of shooting on location. (Please realize Paris has been idealized/beautified for the film.)
You'll explore a few neighborhoods through the guise of cinema. We'll start at Canal St. Martin where Amélie skipped stones (unfortunately we can't skip our own, but we can get close!), visit Gare de l'Est (train station), pop-up to Montmartre for Sacre Coeur, the metro where she leads the blind man, Maison Colignon (the vegetable stand), and I'll leave you at the Cafe aux Deux Moulins where Amélie worked where you can enjoy a crème brulée if that suits your taste!
Who: 1-4 people.
Meeting place: Canal Saint Martin (details to follow)
Duration: 2-3 hours depending on our pace. (Typically 9am or 2pm are good start times.)
Note: Bring 5€ for the photomaton if you want to take your picture with the gnome!
How it works:
1. Email me with the tour and date you're interested in. Please put the name of the tour offering in the subject line (ie. AMELIE'S PARIS TOUR).
2. Tours are typically booked no more than one month in advance (last minute tours are welcome too). I'll send you a PayPal invoice to confirm the booking.
3. I'll send you a quick questionnaire to make the most of our time together.
4. We'll confirm time and location a day or two before we meet.
5. We have an awesome time together!
6. I'll send you a recap of what we did and a few other tips.